Internal locus of control and entrepreneurial intention: A study on vocational high school students

Fatwa Tentama, Fakhri Abdussalam

Abstract


Internal locus of control is one of the factors related to vocational high school students’ entrepreneurial intention. This study aimed to empirically test the relationship between internal locus of control and entrepreneurial intention on vocational high school students. The population in this study was all students of class XII at Vocational High School 5 Yogyakarta as many as 392 students and research participants in total was 171 students.
The sampling technique used was cluster random sampling. Data collection was conducted by using the scale of entrepreneurial intention and internal locus of control scale. Data analysis was done using product moment analysis technique. The results of data analysis showed a significant positive relationship between internal locus of control with entrepreneurial intention, with a significance level (p) of 0.030. Internal locus of control contributed 2.1 percent to entrepreneurial intention so that the remaining 97.9
percent was influenced by other variables. It could be concluded from this study that students’ internal locus of control can predict student’s entrepreneurship intention.

Keywords


Entrepreneurial intention; Internal locus of control; Vocational high school

Full Text:

PDF


DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.11591/edulearn.v14i1.13999

Article Metrics

Abstract view : 0 times
PDF - 0 times

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.


Copyright (c) 2020 Universitas Ahmad Dahlan

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.


Journal of Education and Learning (EduLearn)
ISSN: 2089-9823, e-ISSN 2302-9277
Published by: Universitas Ahmad Dahlan (UAD) in collaboration with Institute of Advanced Engineering and Science (IAES)

View EduLearn Stats